The deadline to vote is Friday, February 21, 2014 at midnight, so that gives you about a month to make notes, catch up on last-minute considerations, and fill out your ballot either in MS Word, plain text, or online.
Don't worry if you haven't seen a lot of the Oscar-bait movies. We've always maintained that the Cosmo Awards are as much about what we're drawn to watch as they are about what we enjoyed watching. Whether you're into Oscar hopefuls, high brow indie art films, summer blockbusters, chick flicks, trashy sexploitation comedies, epic historical films, sword and sorcery flicks, superheroes -- whatever you're into, your opinion still matters to us. And we'll keep your votes confidential.
Remember, it's okay to vote early. If you change your mind about anything, simply email a note explaining your changes to the email address listed in the ballot form.
Category ChangesThis year, we're making two changes to categories, both expansive.
- Last year, we revived the Best Performance by a Young Actor or Actress category after a ten year hiatus. This year we've decided to expand it into separate male and female categories.
- Many of the most-nominated films in Cosmo history are either Science Fiction or Fantasy films, making that category often one of the most competitive. Recognizing that, we've decided to split it into separate Best Fantasy Film and Best Science Fiction Film categories.
- Download our List of Eligible Films and make notes about which ones you've seen.
- Download the Ballot Worksheet in PDF or MS Word formats to make notes about how you plan to vote. The worksheet includes scope notes for each category, including list of potential nominees that have received buzz from other award shows.
- Consider reading some of our reviews of 2013 films for other ideas.
VotingBallots are due by Friday, February 21, 2014. There are a few different ways to vote:
- Download a ballot in MS Word or Plain Text format, complete it, and email it to email@example.com
- Vote online: http://cosmomovieawards.com/2013awards/nominations/