The nominations were announced on Sunday, February 22, 2015 to coincidence with the Academy Awards.
In addition to Birdman, other Best Film nominations included Boyhood, The Grand Budapest Hotel, The Imitation Game, Nightcrawler, and Selma.
A record number of 97 different films received one or more Cosmo nominations. In addition, 93 different people received one or more Cosmo nods, one shy of the record 94 set last year.
Scarlett Johansson received the most nominations of any individual this year, with four individual nominations. Although one of her nominations was for Worst Performance (for Lucy), she still received the most individual nominations this year. In addition, her nominations this year came for three different films, a Cosmo record. (Although others have received more individual nominations in previous years, none were for more than two different films in a single year.)
Voters have until Friday, March 20, 2015 to vote online to determine the winners.
The NomineesYou can check out the nominations for each of the five award groups:
- Lifetime Achievement Hall of Fame
- Best Films Overall of 2014
- Best Cinematic Performances of 2014
- Best Films by Genre of 2014
- Cinematic Worsts of 2014
Time to Vote!
- Vote online by March 20, 2015 at midnight to determine the winners.
- If you've voted and change your email, either email us your change or resubmit that part of your ballot, changing your vote for that award. Only your most recent submission will be considered.
- If you're passionate about some of the nominees, lobby your friends and encourage them to vote, too.
I didn't vote in the nomination round. Can I still vote for the winners?
More questions? Write them in the comments below and we'll do our best to answer them.