Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Movie Reviews: Legion

When the last angel falls, the fight for mankind begins.

Directed by: Scott Charles Stewart

Written by: Peter Schink and Scott Charles Stewart

Starring: Paul Bettany, Lucas Black, Tyrese Gibson, Adrianne Palicki, Willa Holland, Kate Walsh, Kevin Durand, Charles S. Dutton, Dennis Quaid, Jon Tenney

When God first tried to destroy mankind, he used a flood. This time he's sending ... angels?

Seriously?

This has to be one of the dumbest movies I've ever seen. It feels like it was originally written to be about demons attacking mankind but then some subsequent scriptwriter thought he'd be clever and switch it up a bit. I realize now that it's based on a comic book, so the premise didn't change overly much. Somehow that makes it even worse. I can't imagine how the premise alone got green-lighted.

If I end up seeing five films that are actually worse than this and knock it off the Worst Films of 2010 list, it will be a very bad year indeed. But I doubt it's possible to find five worse films this year.

My grade: D-

No comments:

Post a Comment